Sunday, January 24, 2010

Indian potato radish curry


Thank you for checking out my blog. This is my first blog entry and I am really excited! I have always wanted to publish my healthy vegetarian cooking recipes and I am sure your are going to enjoy trying out my recipes.

Indian potato radish curry

Ingredients

Idaho/red potatoes (Solanum tuberosum)- 2
Red radish (Raphanus sativus) -10
Curry leaves (Murraya koenigii)- few
Coriander (Coriandrum sativum) powder- 1 teaspoon'
Cumin (Cuminum cyminum) powder -1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida/hing (Ferula assafoetida) powder ( LG brand)-1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) powder-1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper (Piper nigrum) freshly ground- 1/2 teaspoon
Green chillies- 6
Olive oil- 4 teaspoon

Method

1. Wash potatoes and dice them into small cubes with the skin. Cut radishes into small, long pieces.
2. Heat the pan and add four teaspoon of oil. You can get great results with less oil.
3. Once the oil becomes hot, add asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, pepper powder and mix well.
3. Add the green chillies and diced potatoes to the pan and mix it for two minutes.
4. Next add the radish pieces, salt and mix well. Close the pan with a lid and cook on low flame for few minutes until the potato gets cooked. There is no need to add water as the radish oozes out water. You can sprinkle a few drops of water if the potato sticks to the bottom of the pan.
5. Add the cut curry leaves once the potato and radish has been cooked.

Bon appétit!

1 comment:

  1. I'd really go crazy with this recipe. i love potatoes and curries, next to chocolate! I will definitely try this one. thanks for sharing.

    Prasad
    Indian Recipes

    ReplyDelete